nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Write-Ahead-Log package name change?
Date Wed, 05 Aug 2015 20:01:36 GMT
I am too.  And I think we should document precisely what is public and
what is private across the entire codebase.

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 3:02 PM, Dan Bress <dbress@onyxconsults.com> wrote:
> I'm fine with the package name being changed in 0.3.0
>
> Dan Bress
> Software Engineer
> ONYX Consulting Services

module. Not entirely sure if i would consider it "public" or not.

> My suggestion is to change the package name for the 0.3.0 release, which is a minor version.
>
> Thanks
> -Mark

>> Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2015 11:38:02 -0700
>> From: blue@cloudera.com
>> To: dev@nifi.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Write-Ahead-Log package name change?
>>
>> Is the WAL a public API? I thought that it was internal, in which case a
>> rename should be fine. Otherwise we would have to bump the major version
>> number (or minor depending on discussion) to account for the change.
>>
>> rb
>>
>> On 08/03/2015 11:53 AM, Mark Payne wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I recently realized that the nifi-write-ahead-log module (under nifi-commons)
is using a package name of "org.wali" instead of "org.apache.nifi.wal"

>>> This has been the package name since the software was open sourced, unfortunately.
I would like to change the package name for the 0.3.0 version of NiFi, if there are no objections.

>>> The pre-0.3.0 versions would, of course, still be available if anyone has a dependency
on the classes, but I would like to get this fixed so that it is correct going forward.