nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Feature proposal: First-class Avro Support
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2015 01:09:24 GMT
All,

Given how popular Avro has become, I'm very interested in making progress
on providing first-class support with in NiFi. I took a stab at filling in
some of the requirements on the Feature Proposal Wiki page [1] and wanted
to get feedback from everyone to see if these ideas are headed in the right
direction.

Are there any major features missing from that list? any other
recommendations?

I'm also proposing that we create a new Avro bundle to capture the
functionality that is decided upon, and we can consider whether any of the
existing Avro-specific functionality in the Kite bundle could eventually
move to the Avro bundle. If anyone feels strongly about this, or has an
alternative recommendation, let us know.

[1]
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/First-class+Avro+Support

Thanks,

Bryan