nifi-dev mailing list archives

From DAVID SMITH <davidrsm...@btinternet.com>
Subject Advanced UI on a Processor
Date Sat, 12 Sep 2015 19:59:00 GMT
Hi
I have to create a processor that dedupes  some values held in an flowfile attribute against
a set of 'criteria' that may vary over time. I then need to update/create a new attribute
based on the algorithm and then route on this attribute. I have a prototype of this processor
working but I currently input the criteria as properties, but because of the fluidity of the
criteria this is impracticable to maintain.I thought I could use an Advanced tab such as that
used in the UpdateAttribute processor, this would allow me to input as many criteria as I
wish hold them in some sort of set and then use them within my processor algorithm without
having to rebuild the processor.   So I would be looking at changing 'rule' to criteria,
dispense with the 'conditions'  area and change the actions area columns to Start and Stop.
To try this out I have copied the UpdateAttribute sub-project, when I rename the processor
within the project and build it the 'Advanced' button is no longer visible in the processor
properties tab.   How do I ensure the 'Advanced' button appears on my processor and the Advanced
pane appears?
Many ThanksDave