nifi-dev mailing list archives

From wizz <rober...@johansyah.com>
Subject Re: Dynamic Properties for Processor
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2015 11:52:06 GMT
Hi Aldrin and Joe,

Thanks for the clarification. I think the best is to show by picture. I made
NiFi flow graph, please find it in this screenshot (1.png).
<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/file/n2955/1.png>

It is not working one but it will do to explain what I am trying to achieve.

The goal that I would like is to get JSON values from JSON, it contains the
Twitter credentials, get the latest status updates of an user and save them
to file based on the user ID.

Here is the JSON format:
{
    "user_id": 123,
    "key": "ABC",
    "secret": "XYZ",
    "token": "AAA",
    "tokensecret: "BBB",
    "twitter_userid": "1234"
}

I attached what is the settings for the EvaluateJsonPath, (2.png)
<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/file/n2955/2.png>

And also, the error that I get which the directory property is missing,
which I am hoping that the property can be set from the EvaluateJsonPath.
(3.png)
<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/file/n2955/3.png>

And the last processor is the PutFile (4.png)
<http://apache-nifi-developer-list.39713.n7.nabble.com/file/n2955/4.png>

I am sure I did something wrong here in terms of the NiFi concepts and
goals. This is one of the example, I would like to use NiFi for. By having
dynamic values from external data (such as JSON), dictate what the NiFi
should be doing (giving the key, token for Twitter processor for a example)
and where to put the file (based on the User ID from JSON)

It would be amazing and appreciated if you guys could direct me and suggest
me.

Thanks!!