nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject [DRAFT][REPORT] Apache NiFi - October 2015
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2015 05:06:01 GMT
Hello

This is our last of the monthly reports then we switch to the typical
3 month reporting cycles.  Here is the product status report I am
submitting.

Really great to see how this community is growing and NiFi is evolving.

Thanks
Joe

------

Report from the Apache Nifi committee [Joe Witt]

 - Apache NiFi is an easy to use, powerful,
 and reliable system to process and distribute data.

## Activity:
 - Completed release of NiFi 0.3.0
 - Published numerous feature proposals
 - Numerous meetups/talks have occurred since the last report
featuring Apache NiFi at
 locations including Washington DC, Maryland, South Korea, Montreal,
Phoenix, Seattle.

## Health report:
 - Activity on mailing lists, JIRA, Git remains strong.  The user
mailing list is growing.
 Feedback from the community on the responsiveness of the community
has been encouraging.
 - The PMC is discussing the establishment of bylaws similar to those
of Hadoop, Hive, HTTPD.

## Issues:
 - there are no issues requiring board attention at this time

## PMC changes:

 - Currently 12 PMC members.
 - New PMC members:
    - None since TLP status in July 2015

## LDAP changes:

 - Currently 12 committers and 12 committee group members.
 - Last committer addition was Bryan Bende at Mon Jun 15 2015

## Releases:

 - nifi-0.2.0-incubating was released on Sun Jul 12 2015
 - nifi-0.2.1 was released on Sun Jul 26 2015
 - nifi-0.3.0 was released on Fri Sep 18 2015

## Mailing list activity:

 - users@nifi.apache.org:

 - dev@nifi.apache.org:

## JIRA activity: