nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Percivall <joeperciv...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Master Branch Tests Failing on Windows
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 01:41:24 GMT
Hey Dev,

Is anyone building the project using Windows (specifically 8)?

I wanted to verify a patch I'm doing for ExecuteStreamCommand works on Windows. So I did a
fresh clone of the git repo and ran "mvn clean install" but I get seemingly random errors.
One such error is on PutHDFSTest line 178 (added an extra line to break up the logic):

List<MockFlowFile> failedFlowFiles = runner.getFlowFilesForRelationship(new Relationship.Builder().name("failure").build());

boolean isEmpty = failedFlowFiles.isEmpty();
assertTrue(isEmpty);

I get an AssertionError:

testPutFile(org.apache.nifi.processors.hadoop.PutHDFSTest)  Time elapsed: 5.223 sec  <<<
FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: null
at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:86)
at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:41)
at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:52)
at org.apache.nifi.processors.hadoop.PutHDFSTest.testPutFile(PutHDFSTest.java:179)

Except that I was stepping through and saw that isEmpty was not null going into the assertion.

I have the feeling something is funky with my local system but can anyone verify that a clean
clone of the repo is working on Windows?

Thanks,
Joe

Joseph Percivall
linkedin.com/in/Percivall