nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Zhurakousky <ozhurakou...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Common scheduler and add-hock thread creation
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 00:39:45 GMT
Guys

I am noticing many modules where we have things like "new Thread(..).start()”, creation
of new executors and schedulers, Thread.sleep(..)  etc.,. I am sure many would agree that
taking such liberties with Threads will have consequences (not IF but WHEN)
On several threads several of us mentioned a “must read” for anyone who is getting into
concurrent code - http://ptgmedia.pearsoncmg.com/images/9780321349606/samplepages/9780321349606.pdf
and indeed we can/should definitely grab some best practices from this book.

At least we can start from what’s our strategy around thread management for NAR developers?
Basically should/should not a user create Threads, Executors, Schedulers etc.

Cheers
Oleg