nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Zhurakousky <ozhurakou...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Gitting the hub right
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 13:39:31 GMT
Just to add to Bryan’s point, here is a more detailed writeup of Git-stuff that I use for
my other project, but the approach is identical to the one I use with NiFi - https://github.com/hortonworks/dstream/wiki/Contributor-Guidelines

On Nov 4, 2015, at 8:32 AM, Bryan Bende <bbende@gmail.com<mailto:bbende@gmail.com>>
wrote:

Joe,

One way to avoid the merge commits is to use rebase. I believe we have it
outlined here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Contributor+Guide#ContributorGuide-Keepingyourfeaturebranchcurrent

In short, you basically...
- checkout your master
- fetch upstream to get the latest apache nifi master
- merge the upstream master to your master
- checkout your feature branch
- rebase your feature branch to your master, which essentially takes away
your commits on that branch, brings it up to date with master, and puts
back your commits

-Bryan