nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Sumanth Chinthagunta <xmlk...@gmail.com>
Subject EvaluateJsonPath error: Unable to return a scalar value for the expression
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2015 20:20:59 GMT
I am trying to extract data into   attribute using EvaluateJsonPath. when what JsonPath return
complex type, I am getting error: Unable to return a scalar value for the expression $['data']
for FlowFile 152. Evaluated value was {id=1…..}. Transferring to failure

data  -   $.data  <—  Error
id  -  $.data.id   <— works
{
    "database": "test”,
    "table": "guests”,
    "type": "insert”,
    "ts": 1446422524,
    "xid": 1800,
    "commit": true,
    "data": {
        "reg_date": "2015-11-02 00:02:04",
        "firstname": "sumo",
        "id": 1,
        "lastname": "demo"
    }
}

if it possible to extract JSON object from FlowFile using EvaluateJsonPath?
if not please advice what options I have.

Thanks
Sumo