nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Zhurakousky <ozhurakou...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: "External" extensions
Date Sun, 01 Nov 2015 22:14:17 GMT
Well the question still remains unanswered, what relationship those projects have to ASF distribution
of NiFi? I seriously doubt that anyone on this list suggests that all have to be part of the
release. And if they are not then they are just individual projects managed in/out of ASF,
right?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 1, 2015, at 17:10, Adam Estrada <estrada.adam@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The elasticsearch project has a really cool plugin utility that automatically downloads
and builds plugins from GitHub, BitBucket, etc...

> Has anyone taken a look at that?

> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Nov 1, 2015, at 3:54 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> ASF policy; a PMC should not be in the business of creating and
>> maintaining code 'somewhere else' and/or under another license, for
>> fear of confusion.
>>
>> Gray area -- some PMC members can be in that business, as long as the
>> boundary is clear.
>>
>> There was a thing called 'apache extras' for this. Unfortunately, it
>> was hosted as part of google code, which is defunct. As far as I know,
>> various plans to replace it have not come to fruition, but I might be
>> behind.
>>

>>> On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 3:04 PM,  <xmlking@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> How about maintaining a registry like npm https://www.npmjs.com or https://github.com/jspm/registry
where individuals host their modules on github and users can discover them via registry?

>>> Sent from my iPad

to the relationship of this project with ASF, its ownership and control.

a repo on github for NiFi-Processors or something like that. There are many more folks searching
through GitHub than on the Apache wikis, IMO. This will inevitably help spread the word...

PRs.  We
Apache NiFi