nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Tony Kurc <trk...@gmail.com>
Subject 2 questions, one on style, one on NOTICE for NIFI-1081
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 23:25:55 GMT
I've reviewing Joseph Percivall's NIFI-1081. It added
org.apache.nifi.processors.standard.util.SoftLimitBoundedBAOS

How do we feel about BAOS vs ByteArrayOutputStream?

Also, it was heavily based on Hadoop's implementation of I believe
org.apache.hadoop.io.BoundedByteArrayOutputStream [1]

The below snippet was added to the NOTICE, I'm not sure if it is right. How
do we credit another apache project, hadoop, with providing the basis? I
didn't see an obvious example of this already in the source tree

This product includes the following work from the Apache Hadoop project:

BoundedByteArrayOutputStream.java

[1]
https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/3b85bd7c3391719624a261f061a67cc4356be477/hadoop-common-project/hadoop-common/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/io/BoundedByteArrayOutputStream.java