nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Clarke <matt.clarke....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nifi Clustering and AWS autoscaling
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2015 13:00:00 GMT
NiFi does not support autoscaling at this time. Sure you can spin up new
NiFi Nodes and they will join in to the NiFi cluster, but each node works
in a vacuum unaware of the other Nodes. Should a NiFi Node disappear, the
other Nodes do not pick up on the work that Node had in its queues. So NiFi
can support scaling up automatically, but scaling down is not supported.
The NiFi Cluster Manager (NCM) will mark anymissing Node as disconnected,
but until he is manually removed from the cluster, changes can not be made
the graph/canvas.