nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Aldrin Piri <aldrinp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Next release?
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 15:48:07 GMT
Unfortunately, at least for the NiFi world (not sure if other Apache
projects have gotten this integration), our credentials do not map to
Github accounts.  I typically use a similar path as above or another
variant whereby I can access the PRs for the project locally.

Regardless, this calls for a comitter's guide/section in addition to what
is currently on our Wiki as it has come up on multiple occasions.

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 10:41 AM, Bryan Bende <bbende@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, to answer Ricky's question about how to merge in the pull request
> once there is consensus...
>
> There are multiple ways to do it, but I believe what a lot of PMC members
> do is the following:
> - Get a patch of the pull request by appending .patch to the end of the url
> - git am --signoff < foo.patch
> - git commit --allow-empty -m"This closes #___"
> - git push
>
> It may be as simple as clicking the merge button in github, but I haven't
> tried :)
>

> On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 10:37 AM, Aldrin Piri <aldrinpiri@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > We certainly follow the RTC process with NiFi. As Joe mentioned, as long
> as
> > there is a consensus plus one, then you can push.
> >
> > I will put this on my plate to scope out at some point today and get you
> > the review so you can give your new credentials some usage.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > --aldrin
> >

> > On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 10:27 AM, Alan Jackoway <alanj@cloudera.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > I am not a committer, but I think that at a minimum another committer
> > > should sign off on it. I don't mind if a different committer says
> "looks
> > > good to me, you can merge that," but I don't think committers should
> put
> > > their own code in without sign off.

> > one
> > > consensus