nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release wrangling: 1 week until our hopeful 0.4.0 release
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2015 13:57:19 GMT
Getting closer!

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-1122?jql=project%20%3D%20NIFI%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.4.0%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20ORDER%20BY%20due%20ASC%2C%20priority%20DESC%2C%20created%20ASC

Key stuff left:
- Wrap up NIFI-655 uname/pword stuff
- Make the kafka client config a little more flexible
- Make the user experience better for processors requiring input
- Fix up the tail file stuff which we all now appreciate as being
extraordinarily edge case challenged

Then
- Tony fixes line endings (except for tests which require specific endings)
- I will do RM to kick out RC
- We all do focused testing
- We do the vote

We're a little behind the ideal timeline but these are definitely
things worth waiting for and we're still finding bugs during testing.
Once the popcorn stops popping as much (so to speak) we can zero in on
a release.

Thanks
Joe

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 11:47 AM, Joe Percivall
<joepercivall@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:
> Per NiFi-1165: a discussion is occurring on the ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-1165
>

> Overall, most of the issues are identified and pending a fix from Mark, Oleg and I. The
issues were encountered on two different windows 8 machines by me and on windows 2012 R2 by
Mark. My configuration is maven 3.3.3 and Java 1.8.0_45 (on the machine I have in front of
me).

-