nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "External" extensions
Date Sun, 01 Nov 2015 20:54:05 GMT
ASF policy; a PMC should not be in the business of creating and
maintaining code 'somewhere else' and/or under another license, for
fear of confusion.

Gray area -- some PMC members can be in that business, as long as the
boundary is clear.

There was a thing called 'apache extras' for this. Unfortunately, it
was hosted as part of google code, which is defunct. As far as I know,
various plans to replace it have not come to fruition, but I might be
behind.

On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 3:04 PM,  <xmlking@gmail.com> wrote:
> How about maintaining a registry like npm https://www.npmjs.com or https://github.com/jspm/registry
where individuals host their modules on github and users can discover them via registry?

> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On Nov 1, 2015, at 10:35 AM, Joe Witt <joe.witt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> " but raises several questions, all pertaining to the relationship of
>> this project with ASF, its ownership and control."
>>
>> ...that is what I'm struggling to respond to as well.
>>
>> It feels like the right path within the ASF is to establish child
>> projects of Apache NiFi.  I think we knew we needed to do this anyway
>> as we've mentioned before.  It just might be time now...
>>
>> On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 1:34 PM, Oleg Zhurakousky
>> <ozhurakousky@hortonworks.com> wrote:
>>> Tony, plenty of opinion but so are the questions/concerns.
>>> Managing it on GitHub is perfect, but raises several questions, all pertaining
to the relationship of this project with ASF, its ownership and control.
>>> Perhaps some PMCs on the list can shed some light as to how it could be done?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> Oleg
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

repo on github for NiFi-Processors or something like that. There are many more folks searching
through GitHub than on the Apache wikis, IMO. This will inevitably help spread the word...

NiFi