nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Gitting the hub right
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 13:32:40 GMT
Joe,

One way to avoid the merge commits is to use rebase. I believe we have it
outlined here:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Contributor+Guide#ContributorGuide-Keepingyourfeaturebranchcurrent

In short, you basically...
- checkout your master
- fetch upstream to get the latest apache nifi master
- merge the upstream master to your master
- checkout your feature branch
- rebase your feature branch to your master, which essentially takes away
your commits on that branch, brings it up to date with master, and puts
back your commits

-Bryan