nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "External" extensions
Date Sun, 01 Nov 2015 22:27:26 GMT
Tony,

Was your original thought here related to the registry idea?

I got the impression you were thinking more about documenting links to
related projects on the Wiki or Website. We obviously want the registry
eventually, but these two ideas would be significantly different in effort.

We had started a design page for the registry idea here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Extension+and+Template+Registry

-Bryan

On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 5:14 PM, Oleg Zhurakousky <
ozhurakousky@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Well the question still remains unanswered, what relationship those
> projects have to ASF distribution of NiFi? I seriously doubt that anyone on
> this list suggests that all have to be part of the release. And if they are
> not then they are just individual projects managed in/out of ASF, right?
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Nov 1, 2015, at 17:10, Adam Estrada <estrada.adam@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > The elasticsearch project has a really cool plugin utility that
> automatically downloads and builds plugins from GitHub, BitBucket, etc...
> >
> > Has anyone taken a look at that?

> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> >> On Nov 1, 2015, at 3:54 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> ASF policy; a PMC should not be in the business of creating and
> >> maintaining code 'somewhere else' and/or under another license, for
> >> fear of confusion.
> >>
> >> Gray area -- some PMC members can be in that business, as long as the
> >> boundary is clear.
> >>
> >> There was a thing called 'apache extras' for this. Unfortunately, it
> >> was hosted as part of google code, which is defunct. As far as I know,
> >> various plans to replace it have not come to fruition, but I might be
> >> behind.

> https://github.com/jspm/registry where individuals host their modules on
> github and users can discover them via registry?

> pertaining to the relationship of this project with ASF, its ownership and
> control.
> be done?

> creating a repo on github for NiFi-Processors or something like that. There
> are many more folks searching through GitHub than on the Apache wikis, IMO.
> This will inevitably help spread the word...

> reveals
> NiFi but
> folks
> NiFi