nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Estrada <estrada.a...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "External" extensions
Date Sun, 01 Nov 2015 22:10:07 GMT
The elasticsearch project has a really cool plugin utility that automatically downloads and
builds plugins from GitHub, BitBucket, etc...

Has anyone taken a look at that?

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 1, 2015, at 3:54 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargulies@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ASF policy; a PMC should not be in the business of creating and
> maintaining code 'somewhere else' and/or under another license, for
> fear of confusion.
>
> Gray area -- some PMC members can be in that business, as long as the
> boundary is clear.
>
> There was a thing called 'apache extras' for this. Unfortunately, it
> was hosted as part of google code, which is defunct. As far as I know,
> various plans to replace it have not come to fruition, but I might be
> behind.
>

>> On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 3:04 PM,  <xmlking@gmail.com> wrote:
>> How about maintaining a registry like npm https://www.npmjs.com or https://github.com/jspm/registry
where individuals host their modules on github and users can discover them via registry?

>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>>> On Nov 1, 2015, at 10:35 AM, Joe Witt <joe.witt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> " but raises several questions, all pertaining to the relationship of
>>> this project with ASF, its ownership and control."
>>>
>>> ...that is what I'm struggling to respond to as well.
>>>
>>> It feels like the right path within the ASF is to establish child
>>> projects of Apache NiFi.  I think we knew we needed to do this anyway
>>> as we've mentioned before.  It just might be time now...

to the relationship of this project with ASF, its ownership and control.

a repo on github for NiFi-Processors or something like that. There are many more folks searching
through GitHub than on the Apache wikis, IMO. This will inevitably help spread the word...

NiFi but
 We
NiFi

Apache