nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "McCullough, Alex" <Alex.McCullo...@capitalone.com>
Subject Asynchronous JMS Consumer for IBM MQ
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2015 14:49:57 GMT
Hey There,

This is a bit of a generic question, and I am not sure if this is the right place to start
but I am new to developing custom processors in Nifi but have been trying to write an asynchronous
message consumer to consume from IBM MQ.

I have read all of the developer documentation and have been testing a processor I built,
but I think where I am struggling is conceptualizing exactly how I should set this up within
the framework and how the threading within Nifi works exactly.

Typically I am used to registering a listener and using the onMessage method to add messages
that are received to local queue to then be processed. What would this look like within the
Nifi framework? Are there any guiding principals you can point me towards or any source code
that may be doing something somewhat similar?

Sorry this is a pretty vague question and I’m sure there are many ways to skin this particular
cat, but hoping you can help point me generally down the right path.

Thanks a ton and please let me know if you want me to provide anymore detail!

Thanks,
Alex

material from your computer.