nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Zhurakousky <ozhurakou...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: 2 questions, one on style, one on NOTICE for NIFI-1081
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 23:48:20 GMT
+1 for spelling it out. Those acronyms may save one from typing, but introduce more confusion.
With modern IDE long names is no longer a problem.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 18, 2015, at 18:40, Joe Percivall <joepercivall@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Hey Tony,
>
> Regarding BAOS vs ByteArrayOutputStream, I made it ByteArrayOutputStream because it a
utility class within the standard processors package and not an inner private class. I figured
we don't know for sure if everyone knows what BAOS is off the top of their head (I didn't
at first) so better to be on the safe side for when people are looking for utility.

> For the Notice, I talked with a couple people and it is my understanding that all we
needed to do was include the source that we are using (BoundedByteArrayOutputStream.java)
and any notices in the Hadoop project Notice file [1], which there isn't. Whether or not their
Notice file is wrong is another story though.