nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Sai Kasturi <sai.kasturi...@gmail.com>
Subject NCM and node on the same machine?
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2016 18:09:41 GMT
Hi,

I am very new to Nifi, and have been trying to get my head around the
concept of clustering. I tried to create a cluster using VM's. I had the
manager on one VM, the node on the other VM. Now, the cluster was not
working(not even connecting). Then I added a node instance in the first VM,
after which the cluster is successfully established. Also, when I shutdown
the node instance on the first VM the whole cluster is gone.

My doubt is "Do we need to have a node instance on the machine where the
Cluster manager is" definitely??

-----
Sai K