nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "Gresock, Joseph" <joseph.gres...@lmco.com>
Subject OutofMemory
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2016 14:33:34 GMT
Devs,

We've been seeing some OutOfMemoryErrors on the NCM of our 10-node cluster recently.  The
flow has ~600 processors, and the NCM runs on a VM with 8GB RAM.  We have 6G allocated to
the Nifi JVM on this node.

The specific log message we see is:

WARN [Process NCM Request-6] org.apache.nifi.io.socket.SocketListener Dispatching socket request
encountered exception due to: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

First, I'm hoping there's some advice on how to avoid this in the first place, but barring
that, is there a way to configure Nifi to auto-restart the NCM when it gets this error?  I
seem to remember seeing this in the past, but I couldn't find anything in bootstrap.conf or
nifi.properties that looked related.

Thanks,
Joe