nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Clarke <matt.clarke....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NCM and node on the same machine?
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2016 20:24:06 GMT
Sai,
    You do not need a node on on the same VM running your NCM.  Are you
trying to say that by adding a node on the same machine as your NCM, all
nodes (even those on other VMS) all of a sudden joined?

Question:
Did you populate these fields in your nifi.properties files with IPs or
hostnames (recommended):
           nifi.cluster.node.address=
           nifi.cluster.manager.address=

One of two things is probably happening here:
1. You are using hostnames and your NCM can not resolve those hostnames to
network reachable IP addresses.
2. you left those fields blank the nodes are likely reporting a value of
localhost as their address when they heartbeat to the NCM.  IN this cas
ethe NCM tries talking back to itself which can is why nothing works when
you don't have a Node local.

You should populate all your host, and address properties in your
nifi.properties file.
     nifi.remote.input.socket.host=               <-- if you want to use
Remote Process groups (Site-to-Site)
     nifi.web.http.host=  or nifi.web.https.host=
     and the two above for clustering

Thanks,
Matt