nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Matthew Clarke <matt.clarke....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OutofMemory
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2016 15:44:38 GMT
Joseph,
       An inspection of a heap dump created when the out of memory
condition occurs will shed some light on the specific cause of the issue.

The following command can be used to get a heap dump.:

jmap -dump:format=b,file=nifi-heap-dump.bin <PID>

you can get the PID using the following command:

ps -ef|grep org.apache.nifi.NiFi

One common cause of out of memory on the NCM is related to the amount of
components status retained.  You can edit the nifi.properties file to
decrease the amount of stats retained or change the duration of those stats
collected:

# Component Status Repository
nifi.components.status.repository.implementation=org.apache.nifi.controller.status.history.VolatileComponentStatusRepository
nifi.components.status.repository.buffer.size=1440
nifi.components.status.snapshot.frequency=1 min

Either decrease the buffer size (will retain less stats for each component)
or decrease frequency of which stats are collected.

Thanks,
Matt