nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Lars Francke <lars.fran...@gmail.com>
Subject FlowFiles missing (MissingFlowFileException)
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 18:15:54 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to understand what happened and how I can prevent this in the
future.

The outcome seems to be that all my FlowFiles which were sitting in a
connection have been deleted from disk.

I had a flow with two processors connected via a single connection.

What I did:
* Stop all Processors
* Add a Funnel
* Add a Processor
* Move destination end of existing connection to funnel (with the existing
FlowFiles)
* Connect new Processor to Funnel
* Connect Funnel to old destination Processor

The connection between the Funnel and the Destination processor still shows
all 90k FlowFiles but the Processor fails on session.read with a
MissingFlowFileException.

Sure enough my content_repository is mostly empty too.

Now this isn't so bad because it's only a dev environment but I'd like to
understand how this could happen. Did I do something wrong?

Any hints on what to search for in the logs or which place in the source
code to look?

Cheers,
Lars