nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Taft <a...@adamtaft.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] git branching model
Date Mon, 15 Feb 2016 16:41:31 GMT
One of the harder things with gitflow is using it in combination with
maven.  It's ideal that the tags and releases are tracking closely with the
maven pom.xml version.  gitflow, on its own, doesn't keep the pom version
updated with the git release names.

Because of the general importance of keeping releases and tags synchronized
with the pom version, I think whatever we do, it needs to be approached
with tools that are available through maven rather than from git.  The
git-flow plugin (referenced by Thad) doesn't directly help deal with this
synchronization, since it's a git tool, not a maven tool.

I've been using, with reasonable success, the jgitflow [1] plugin, which
does a reasonable job of following the gitflow model for a maven project.
I don't recommend this plugin for NIFI, because it insists that the master
branch is strictly used for published release tags (as per the strict
gitflow workflow).  I just mention this, in reference to how some plugins
are tackling the gitflow and maven synchronization issue.

[1] http://jgitflow.bitbucket.org/