nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting error when a previously disconnected node is being brought up and trying to connect back to the NCM
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 19:48:04 GMT
Paresh,

In the log it says "Caused by:
org.apache.nifi.controller.UninheritableFlowException: Proposed
configuration is not inheritable by the flow controller because of
flow differences: Found difference in Templates:".  So on your node
blow away both the flow.xml.gz, flow.tar, and the templates directory.
In an upcoming release we will relax the template matching
requirement.  That was a mistake.

Thanks
Joe

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 2:45 PM, Paresh Shah <Paresh.Shah@lifelock.com> wrote:
> Here’s the scenario.
>
> 1. Deploy Nifi Cluster :
>     - NCM
>     - Pirmary
>     - Node.
>
> 2. Verified that everything is OK.
>
> 3. I then disconnected the slave Node and deployed some pipelines on the cluster.
>
> 4. Now I tried to bring up the slave node. It gives the following error.
>

> 2016-02-01 19:41:05,393 WARN [main] org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer Failed to
start web server... shutting down.

> java.lang.Exception: Unable to load flow due to: java.io.IOException: org.apache.nifi.cluster.ConnectionException:
Failed to connect node to cluster because local flow is different than cluster flow.

> at org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer.start(JettyServer.java:784) ~[nifi-jetty-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]
>
> at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.<init>(NiFi.java:137) [nifi-runtime-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]
>
> at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.main(NiFi.java:227) [nifi-runtime-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]
>
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: org.apache.nifi.cluster.ConnectionException: Failed to
connect node to cluster because local flow is different than cluster flow.

> at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService.load(StandardFlowService.java:453)
~[nifi-framework-core-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]

> at org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer.start(JettyServer.java:775) ~[nifi-jetty-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]
>
> ... 2 common frames omitted
>
> Caused by: org.apache.nifi.cluster.ConnectionException: Failed to connect node to cluster
because local flow is different than cluster flow.

> at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService.loadFromConnectionResponse(StandardFlowService.java:732)
~[nifi-framework-core-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]

> at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService.load(StandardFlowService.java:433)
~[nifi-framework-core-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]

> ... 3 common frames omitted
>
> Caused by: org.apache.nifi.controller.UninheritableFlowException: Proposed configuration
is not inheritable by the flow controller because of flow differences: Found difference in
Templates:

> Local Fingerprint:   fc0a802d-0915-3b71-8694-52b8d7b2c556melissa_rawalert_daq_dataavailabilityNO_CONNECTIONSNO_FUNNELSNO_
>
> Cluster Fingerprint: 42809382-bb1f-3785-b3c3-7d8b875c3e88melissa_rawalert_reqest_dataavailability_daqNO_CONNECTIONSNO_FUN
>
> at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowSynchronizer.sync(StandardFlowSynchronizer.java:223)
~[nifi-framework-core-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]

> at org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.synchronize(FlowController.java:1203) ~[nifi-framework-core-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]
>
> at org.apache.nifi.persistence.StandardXMLFlowConfigurationDAO.load(StandardXMLFlowConfigurationDAO.java:72)
~[nifi-framework-core-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]

> at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService.loadFromBytes(StandardFlowService.java:608)
~[nifi-framework-core-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]

> at org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService.loadFromConnectionResponse(StandardFlowService.java:709)
~[nifi-framework-core-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]

> ... 4 common frames omitted
>

> What I see is that the flow.tar file on the slave is 0 bytes. This does not look right.
Since the file on the NCM is about 20K bytes.

> thanks
>
> Paresh

> The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential
information. It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution
or duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.