nifi-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Paresh Shah <Paresh.S...@lifelock.com>
Subject Re: Getting error when a previously disconnected node is being brought up and trying to connect back to the NCM
Date Mon, 01 Feb 2016 19:59:48 GMT
Thanks for the clarification.

On 2/1/16, 11:59 AM, "Joe Witt" <joe.witt@gmail.com> wrote:

>Sorry - i only mean to recommend clearing out the flow config on the
>node including the templates on the node.  When it rejoins the cluster
>it will inherit the flow from the NCM.
>
>On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 2:51 PM, Paresh Shah <Paresh.Shah@lifelock.com>
>wrote:
>> But our scenario is as follows.
>>
>> 1. We will deploy a cluster with NCM and Primary.
>> 2. We deploy out pipelines.
>> 3. Add slave nodes to the cluster.
>>
>> In this scenairo we cannot be wiping way the flow.* files since we will
>> loose the pipelines, right?
>>
>> Paresh
>>
>> On 2/1/16, 11:48 AM, "Joe Witt" <joe.witt@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Paresh,
>>>
>>>In the log it says "Caused by:
>>>org.apache.nifi.controller.UninheritableFlowException: Proposed
>>>configuration is not inheritable by the flow controller because of
>>>flow differences: Found difference in Templates:".  So on your node
>>>blow away both the flow.xml.gz, flow.tar, and the templates directory.
>>>In an upcoming release we will relax the template matching
>>>requirement.  That was a mistake.
>>>
>>>Thanks
>>>Joe
>>>
>>>On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 2:45 PM, Paresh Shah <Paresh.Shah@lifelock.com>
>>>wrote:
>>>> HereĀ¹s the scenario.
>>>>
>>>> 1. Deploy Nifi Cluster :
>>>>     - NCM
>>>>     - Pirmary
>>>>     - Node.
>>>>
>>>> 2. Verified that everything is OK.
>>>>
>>>> 3. I then disconnected the slave Node and deployed some pipelines on
>>>>the cluster.
>>>>
>>>> 4. Now I tried to bring up the slave node. It gives the following
>>>>error.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> 2016-02-01 19:41:05,393 WARN [main]
>>>>org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer Failed to start web server...
>>>>shutting down.
>>>>
>>>> java.lang.Exception: Unable to load flow due to: java.io.IOException:
>>>>org.apache.nifi.cluster.ConnectionException: Failed to connect node to
>>>>cluster because local flow is different than cluster flow.
>>>>
>>>> at org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer.start(JettyServer.java:784)
>>>>~[nifi-jetty-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]
>>>>
>>>> at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.<init>(NiFi.java:137)
>>>>[nifi-runtime-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]
>>>>
>>>> at org.apache.nifi.NiFi.main(NiFi.java:227)
>>>>[nifi-runtime-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]
>>>>
>>>> Caused by: java.io.IOException:
>>>>org.apache.nifi.cluster.ConnectionException: Failed to connect node to
>>>>cluster because local flow is different than cluster flow.
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>>org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService.load(StandardFlowService
>>>>.j
>>>>ava:453) ~[nifi-framework-core-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]
>>>>
>>>> at org.apache.nifi.web.server.JettyServer.start(JettyServer.java:775)
>>>>~[nifi-jetty-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]
>>>>
>>>> ... 2 common frames omitted
>>>>
>>>> Caused by: org.apache.nifi.cluster.ConnectionException: Failed to
>>>>connect node to cluster because local flow is different than cluster
>>>>flow.
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>>org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService.loadFromConnectionRespon
>>>>se
>>>>(StandardFlowService.java:732) ~[nifi-framework-core-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>>org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService.load(StandardFlowService
>>>>.j
>>>>ava:433) ~[nifi-framework-core-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]
>>>>
>>>> ... 3 common frames omitted
>>>>
>>>> Caused by: org.apache.nifi.controller.UninheritableFlowException:
>>>>Proposed configuration is not inheritable by the flow controller
>>>>because
>>>>of flow differences: Found difference in Templates:
>>>>
>>>> Local Fingerprint:
>>>>fc0a802d-0915-3b71-8694-52b8d7b2c556melissa_rawalert_daq_dataavailabili
>>>>ty
>>>>NO_CONNECTIONSNO_FUNNELSNO_
>>>>
>>>> Cluster Fingerprint:
>>>>42809382-bb1f-3785-b3c3-7d8b875c3e88melissa_rawalert_reqest_dataavailab
>>>>il
>>>>ity_daqNO_CONNECTIONSNO_FUN
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>>org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowSynchronizer.sync(StandardFlowSy
>>>>nc
>>>>hronizer.java:223) ~[nifi-framework-core-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>>org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.synchronize(FlowController.ja
>>>>va
>>>>:1203) ~[nifi-framework-core-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>>org.apache.nifi.persistence.StandardXMLFlowConfigurationDAO.load(Standa
>>>>rd
>>>>XMLFlowConfigurationDAO.java:72) ~[nifi-framework-core-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>>org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService.loadFromBytes(StandardFl
>>>>ow
>>>>Service.java:608) ~[nifi-framework-core-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]
>>>>
>>>> at
>>>>org.apache.nifi.controller.StandardFlowService.loadFromConnectionRespon
>>>>se
>>>>(StandardFlowService.java:709) ~[nifi-framework-core-0.4.1.jar:0.4.1]
>>>>
>>>> ... 4 common frames omitted
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> What I see is that the flow.tar file on the slave is 0 bytes. This
>>>>does
>>>>not look right. Since the file on the NCM is about 20K bytes.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> thanks
>>>>
>>>> Paresh
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ________________________________
>>>> The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged
>>>>and confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the
>>>>person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
>>>>hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or
>>>>duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are
>>>>not
>>>>the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
>>>>destroy all copies of the original message.
>>>> ________________________________
>>
>> ________________________________
>>  The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged
>>and confidential information. It is intended only for the use of the
>>person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
>>hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or
>>duplication of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not
>>the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
>>destroy all copies of the original message.
>> ________________________________

________________________________
 The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information.
It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication
of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
________________________________
Mime
View raw message