nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Andy LoPresto <alopresto.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Errors in your Documentation
Date Wed, 23 Mar 2016 00:03:17 GMT
Thanks Paul.

Bugs and feature requests can be submitted here [1] which will ensure they are seen by the
entire team/community. The most helpful reports include screenshots when applicable, current
system description, and potential use cases or unit tests to verify issue resolution.

Very quickly, you can accomplish a “non-edit mode” by assigning “ROLE_MONITOR” to
a user in the authorized-users.xml configuration file, but currently a feature whereby a single
user can switch back and forth between those two modes instantaneously does not exist. Can
you describe the use case where you see this being valuable? Are you having trouble and accidentally
modifying items on the canvas?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:summary-panel
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:summary-panel>

Andy LoPresto
alopresto.apache@gmail.com

> On Mar 22, 2016, at 4:55 PM, Paul Nahay <pnahay@sprynet.com> wrote:
>
> Great.
>
> I can tell you a list of things I think need to be improved in NiFi. The most important
is having two “modes” that one is always in, an “edit mode”, which is basically what
you have 100% of the time now, and a “non-edit mode”, where the user cannot move things
(inadvertently) around on the canvas.

> Oh, and you desperately need an “undo”.
>
> Paul

I can’t promise those documentation fixes will be released in 0.6.0 but we will try to get
them out as soon as possible.

> Andy LoPresto
> alopresto.apache@gmail.com <mailto:alopresto.apache@gmail.com>
>
>> On Mar 22, 2016, at 5:52 AM, Paul Nahay <pnahay@sprynet.com <mailto:pnahay@sprynet.com>>
wrote:

>> I'm looking at:
>>
>> https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/expression-language-guide.html <https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/expression-language-guide.html>
>>

>> isEmpty
only white-space (new line, carriage return, space, tab), false otherwise.

>> This logically implies that isEmpty returns FALSE if the Subject contains NO CHARACTERS
AT ALL (not even white-space). This makes no sense at all.

>> allAttributes
>>
>> Hopefully you actually mean "all", not "any".
>>
>> What's funny here is that THESE TWO functions were the ones I initially needed, and
your documentation has errors for BOTH of them. I'll expect then to find more errors in your
documentation, and will report them to you as I find them.