nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Witt <joe.w...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Feature Requests: 1) Embedded FTP/SFTP server 2) Email-ingest-source
Date Tue, 05 Apr 2016 13:34:36 GMT
Manoj,

Sounds good and am on board.  Have been wanting to do those for a long
time frankly.  We do have a JIRA in for GetEmail and it will be quite
easy to do now that we have state management as a feature.  Although
are you on the email side more thinking that NiFi there would act as
an SMTP server?

Thanks
Joe

On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 9:30 AM,  <manoj.seshan@thomsonreuters.com> wrote:
> Yes Joe - ListenFTP and ListenSFTP capabilities, embedded into NiFi. Rather than external
daemons, followed by NiFi GetFTP and such. I'll get back to you on developing and contributing
the same myself or from our team. Regards

> Manoj Seshan - Senior Architect
> Platform Content Technology, Bangalore

so that when data is pushed to a NiFi server the administrators do not need to setup additional
FTP/SFTP daemons on those systems?  Such processors would be straightforward to develop and
contribute.  Are you interested in doing so?

> Thanks
> Joe
>
> On Tue, Apr 5, 2016 at 9:22 AM,  <manoj.seshan@thomsonreuters.com> wrote:
>> We have several hundred content providers who PUSH CONTENT into our systems via FTP/SFTP.
And then some where we grab the body and/or attachments of emails send to specific mailboxes
as the source of content. It would augment and round out NiFi's ingest capabilities significantly
if processors for these sources were added to the NiFi stable.