nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "Hinojosa, Ozzie" <Oziel.Hinoj...@chevron.com>
Subject Regular Expression, or Similar Processor
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2017 22:28:12 GMT
Hi,

I am in the process of reading the Apache NiFi documentation and setting up a single instance
to obtain basic working knowledge of the platform. But in the meantime I need an answer regarding
Syslog messages and guidance on which educational resources would be best to leverage in order
to understand NiFi in depth and in the shortest time possible.

My questions regarding Syslog. How can I parse the FlowFile contents produce by a ListenSyslog
processor. By parse, I mean apply regular expressions and transform the entire contents to
JSON. I know extensibility is an integral part of the platform, but again I am new to NiFi
and I am looking to confirm the feasibility of parsing Syslog messages; to add additional
complexity Netflows would have the same requirement as the Syslog messages. What is available
out of the box for Netflows and JFlows?

Thanks, much appreciated.

Oziel Hinojosa
Security Technologies Analyst
Strategy, Service Delivery & Programs (SSDP)
oziel.hinojosa@chevron.com

CITC - IRSM
1600 Smith St.  HOU160-23042B
Houston, TX 77002