nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "Irizarry Jr., Nazario" <...@mitre.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Run Once scheduling
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2017 15:54:20 GMT
On a project that I am on we have been looking at using NiFi for orchestrations that are invoked
infrequently.  For example, once a month a new data input product becomes available and then
one wants to run it through a set of processing steps that can be nicely implemented using
NiFi processors.  However, using the interval or cron scheduling for this purpose begins to
get cumbersome after a while with the need to start and manually stop these occasional flows.

It would be fairly easy to add an additional scheduling option - “Run Once” for this use
case.  The behavior would be that when a processor is set to run once it automatically stops
after it has successfully processed one input.

What do people think?  We are willing to implement this small enhancement.

Cheers,

Naz Irizarry
MITRE Corp.
617-893-0074