nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Gresock <jgres...@gmail.com>
Subject ActiveMQ trust store issues
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 20:20:16 GMT
Hi folks,

I'm using PutJMS to try to send messages to an ActiveMQ broker over SSL.  I
verified that the trust store referenced in my ssl-context controller
service does indeed contain the issuer DN of the broker's certificate, but
I get the error "PKIX path building failed:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find
valid certification path to requested target".

On a whim, I tried adding the truststore location and password to
bootstrap.conf:
java.arg.17=-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStore=...
java.arg.18=-Djavax.net.ssl.trustStorePassword=...

And this time the SSL connection actually worked.  Therefore, it looks like
somehow the ActiveMQ connection factory is not accepting my trust store
information from my controller service.  Has anyone else observed this
behavior?

whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do