nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Gresock <jgres...@gmail.com>
Subject Where does javax.net.debug output go?
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 17:48:10 GMT
Hi folks,

I'm trying to turn on SSL verbose logging using
java.arg.16=-Djavax.net.debug=ssl,handshake in my bootstrap.conf (nifi
version 1.1.0).  As far as I can remember, this output goes to either
stdout or stderr (I forget which).

As a result, I'm trying to find the output in my nifi-bootstrap.log file,
but this log file doesn't appear to be getting any output whatsoever (not
even at startup time).  I am using the original logback.xml, with respect
to the BOOTSTRAP_FILE appender and related loggers.

Does anyone know where the javax.net.debug logging should go?  Also, should
I see anything in my nifi-bootstrap.log file?

I am starting nifi using "sudo service nifi start".

whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do