nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Insecure Site-to-Site in 0.7.1?
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2017 17:52:08 GMT
Hey Drew,

For non-secure it should be able to see the output ports. I noticed that
when I took a fresh 0.7.1 and didn't change any config, I did experience
the behavior you described, but when I went to nifi.properties and set the
following then it worked as expected:

nifi.remote.input.socket.port=8088
nifi.remote.input.secure=false

Basically in the 0.x line when the port is blank, site-to-site is disabled
which is why don't see the ports.

As far as Flink... we should definitely get the dependencies in Flink and
Apex updated to a newer site-to-site client to benefit from these fixes
that have been made. For now you can probably force your project to use a
newer site-to-site client.

I did something like this here where the project was using the Flink-NiFi
connector from Flink 1.1.2, and then I was forcing the site-to-site client
to NiFi 1.0.0:

https://github.com/bbende/nifi-streaming-examples/blob/master/pom.xml#L22-L30

Thanks,

Bryan