nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Pushkara R <pushkar1...@gmail.com>
Subject local NiFi and MiNiFi - yml generation errors
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2017 11:07:41 GMT
Hi,

I was using this tutorial
<https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/56341/getting-started-with-minifi.html>
to get started with NiFi and MiNiFi. At step 11 in the linked tutorial, I
tried creating the yml for the given template. I couldn't find the
config.sh file in the latest source of minifi-0.2.0
<https://github.com/apache/nifi-minifi> which is why I downloaded
minifi-toolkit-0.1.0
<https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua?path=/nifi/minifi/0.1.0/minifi-toolkit-0.1.0-bin.tar.gz>
which has the config.sh.

Executing 'bin/config.sh transform <XML FILE> <YML FILE>' gave the
following error
-----------------
config.sh: JAVA_HOME not set; results may vary

Java home:
MiNiFi Toolkit home: /home/pushkar/workplace/minifi-toolkit-0.1.0

There are validation errors with the template, still outputting YAML but it
will need to be edited.
'Input Ports' in section 'top level' because must be empty in root group as
external input/output ports are currently unsupported
Could someone please help me debug this error? I'd also like to ask if the
linked tutorial is still valid or is it dated?

Thanks
Pushkar