nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Andre <andre-li...@fucs.org>
Subject Re: Closing in on a NiFi 1.2.0 release?
Date Tue, 02 May 2017 21:43:34 GMT
folks,

I was just working to debug the final thorns found reviewing NIFI-3726 and
noticed an odd behavior and wanted to confirm.

If I recall correctly in the past users could simply replace a processor
NAR file and even if that NAR existed the flow would continue to work.

I just replaced

cp
~/nifi/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-cybersecurity-bundle/nifi-cybersecurity-nar/target/nifi-cybersecurity-nar-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.nar
~/devel/nifi-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT/lib/nifi-cybersecurity-nar-1.2.0-SNAPSHOT.nar

(note the different ~/nifi ~/devel used to ensure I don't explode the rest
of the already compiled components).

When I try to make changes to the flow I am displayed with the following
error:

[image: Inline image 1]

This happens even when I try to drag and drop connected processors around
the canvas.

Oddly enough I can still add and delete components to the canvas but
whatever touches the tainted processor cannot be modified at all.

Examples of messages:

*Attempt to move*

Component Position
[5, cb0a31ac-015b-1000-7473-873a47eb702e,
cb0a52ab-015b-1000-e43a-f6293a9ae99d] is not the most up-to-date revision.
This component appears to have been modified

*Attempt to delete a downstream processor*
Error
[1, cb0a31ac-015b-1000-7473-873a47eb702e,
cb0b2ae4-015b-1000-35a8-9eaf6a45fc6a] is not the most up-to-date revision.
This component appears to have been modified

I don't have a 1.1.0 instance around me at the moment but I vaguely
remember being able to do that in the past.

Can someone confirm this is new and expected behavior?

Cheers