nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "Lee Laim (leelaim)" <leel...@micron.com>
Subject Re: Interest in a time series simulator processor for NiFi
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 15:21:15 GMT
Yes.   It will be very useful in testing flows that will run in non-perfect environments.
 This will be much more elegant than using several generate flow files in parallel with different
settings.

Thanks!
Lee

leelaim@micron.com

> On Jul 7, 2017, at 8:44 AM, Matt Burgess <mattyb149@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Chris,
>
> This sounds great! IMO Realistic data generation in all forms is a great addition, looking
forward to your contribution!

> Regards,
> Matt
>

>> On Jul 7, 2017, at 10:18 AM, Chris Herrera <chris.herrera07@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am trying to gauge interest in a processor I have written that generates realistic
time series data. I used the excellent GenerateFlowFile processor for a long time for load
testing, etc..., however, I needed something that mirrored more the semantics of a sensor,
and more importantly generated data like one. I have wrapped another Apache 2 licensed project
TSimulus[1] that generates realistic time series data driven by a JSON configuration file.
The idea is that this can be used to simulate a more IoT-like scenario. More than anything
I am just trying to see if this is something that has value outside of my little world.