nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Burgess <mattyb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Interest in a time series simulator processor for NiFi
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2017 14:44:29 GMT
Chris,

This sounds great! IMO Realistic data generation in all forms is a great addition, looking
forward to your contribution!

Regards,
Matt

> On Jul 7, 2017, at 10:18 AM, Chris Herrera <chris.herrera07@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I am trying to gauge interest in a processor I have written that generates realistic
time series data. I used the excellent GenerateFlowFile processor for a long time for load
testing, etc..., however, I needed something that mirrored more the semantics of a sensor,
and more importantly generated data like one. I have wrapped another Apache 2 licensed project
TSimulus[1] that generates realistic time series data driven by a JSON configuration file.
The idea is that this can be used to simulate a more IoT-like scenario. More than anything
I am just trying to see if this is something that has value outside of my little world.