nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Russell Bateman <r...@windofkeltia.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS} Closing in on a NiFi 1.4.0 release?
Date Mon, 18 Sep 2017 18:25:10 GMT
I don't know. Are we due for a release? Is time-since the significant
factor in a release cycle or is growing features part of it?

1.3.0 subsists with no bump of the third digit. This is an oddly stable
.0 product (though the third digit had somewhat different semantics in
NiFi 0.x). No bug fixes to 1.3.0 in its roughly 6-month history? That's
an achievement.

If there have been important features worked on and ready to go, by all
means, let's have 1.4.0. But if 1.4.0 is little more than 1.3.1, let's
rethink why we'd do that.

Russ