nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff <jtsw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [CANCEL] [VOTE] Release Apache NiFi 1.4.0
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2017 18:35:43 GMT
Hello all,

I just wanted to send out a quick update on RC2 status.  I'm currently
running the "mvn release:perform" step, which should be nearing
completion.  There are a few steps to do once that has finished, but there
should be a new voting thread very soon.

I want to thank all of you for your patience.  This is my first attempt at
doing an Apache release and I've run into a few bumps along the way, but
has been good personal learning experience for managing the release process.

I apologize for the delay of RC2!

Thanks,
Jeff

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 1:01 PM Jeff <jtswork@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, currently working on RC2.
>
> On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 12:30 PM Brandon DeVries <brd@jhu.edu> wrote:
>
>> Jeff,
>>
>> Any updates on RC2?
>>
>> Brandon
>>
>> On Mon, Sep 25, 2017 at 4:56 PM Jeff <jtswork@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Mark,
>> >
>> > I also would like to get RC2 out as soon as possible, but due to time
>> > constraints on other tasks, I will not be able to create RC2 until
>> tomorrow
>> > afternoon.  However, with a 72-hour voting window resulting in binding
>> > votes to release RC2, 1.4.0 could be released by the end of the week.
>> >
>> > FYI, for those that would like to get a head start on using what would
>> be
>> > released in 1.4.0, you can build off of the master branch and have
>> > essentially what will be released in RC2.  The Apache NiFi Quickstart
>> [1]
>> > contains documentation on cloning the project from Github, building from
>> > source code, and running NiFi.
>> >
>> > [1] http://nifi.apache.org/quickstart.html

>> get
>> release