nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Ryan Riddel <r_rid...@scalptrade.com>
Subject Apache NiFi vs Spring XD
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2017 21:58:21 GMT
Hi,

I've been studying possible products for GUI-based pipeline creation, and
the three applications that I've come across are Apache Nifi, Spring XD,
and Cask CDAP.  Cask runs Spark under the hood, and so its too slow, but
the differences between NiFi and Spring XD seem to me more subtle.  They
are both performant enough to handle my requirements: <25ms end-end latency
for a simple pipeline, with 600GB/day of throughput (500Mbps peak)

I work at a prop (trading)  shop, and my goal is to make a platform with
which traders can implement their own algorithms without writing a line of
code.  NiFi and Spring XD seem very similar, except XD seems to be slightly
more powerful (where NiFi can't do joining and complex windowing, XD can).

I've trawled both mailing lists, but haven't found such a comparison.
Would anyone care to add some points of comparison between Spring XD and
NiFi?  I'd be eager to contribute to the conversation with whatever stuff
I've learned.

Ryan