nifi-dev mailing list archives

From James McMahon <jsmcmah...@gmail.com>
Subject Questions re: customizing a NiFi processor
Date Sat, 02 Dec 2017 23:43:24 GMT
Good evening. I am familiar with NiFi and have developed a number of
workflows using out -of-the-box processors. I now need to develop a custom
version of PublishAMQP that permits the use of attributes in expression
language to set specs for the AMQP target.

I am not very familiar with Maven, but have done some initial research and
hope I can bootstrap my effort following this link:
https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/4318/build-custom-nifi-processor.html

Lacking any experience developing custom processors, I'd like to understand
how I would establish in my maven project the source code for the existing
PublishAMQP. I'd like to modify that proven code base to allow the use of
expression language to set other configuration properties.

Can anyone help me with an example where source code for an existing
processor is brought in from a github resource or the like to use as my
starting point?

Thank you in advance for any assistance. -Jim