nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Ryan <brett.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting lost a bit
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2018 20:46:26 GMT
I should have been more thorough, but yes, of course one must be careful. Which is why I don’t
necessarily like GUI merge tools.

NiFi is pretty well structured, so merge problems like you suggest should be less likely unless
refactoring of core happens a lot.

Git has a pretty smart merge strategy with recursive being the default which allows for method
renames.

If you get into a situation where two have been working in the same block causing a conflict
there may be a problem with what is trying to be achieved.