nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "Karthik Kothareddy (karthikk) [CONT - Type 2]" <karth...@micron.com>
Subject RE: [EXT] Re: processorLoadAverage In SystemDiagnostics
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2018 16:45:31 GMT
Mark,

Thanks for quick response, Is there a way that NiFi provides these metrics individually for
a processor that the average load ? Or can we use any REST endpoint to grab the processor-wise
metrics?

-Karthik

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Payne [mailto:markap14@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2018 9:22 AM
To: dev@nifi.apache.org
Subject: [EXT] Re: processorLoadAverage In SystemDiagnostics

Hi Karthik,

This is the 1-minute CPU load average, as reported by the operating system.

Thanks
-Mark

> On Jan 9, 2018, at 11:18 AM, Karthik Kothareddy (karthikk) [CONT - Type 2] <karthikk@micron.com>
wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I was going through SystemDiagnostics json for populating custom metrics for our NiFi
instances and came across the fields  availableProcessors and processorLoadAverage in the
Json. From the documentation I understood that it is the underlying hardware's processor (number
of cores) count. But for the processorLoadAverage, I'm not yet clear on how this metric is
calculated by NiFi and what factors it considers in doing so. Can anyone please explain me
how this is measured and is it the average for just one core (one processor) or is it aggregation
on all available cores?