nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Payne <marka...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: [EXT] Re: processorLoadAverage In SystemDiagnostics
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2018 17:03:42 GMT
Karthik,

No, the JVM does not supply this information. You'd need to use some other host-level monitoring
service, such as Ganglia, to gather that kind of info.

Thanks
-Mark

> On Jan 9, 2018, at 11:45 AM, Karthik Kothareddy (karthikk) [CONT - Type 2] <karthikk@micron.com>
wrote:

> Mark,
>
> Thanks for quick response, Is there a way that NiFi provides these metrics individually
for a processor that the average load ? Or can we use any REST endpoint to grab the processor-wise
metrics?

> -Karthik

NiFi instances and came across the fields  availableProcessors and processorLoadAverage in
the Json. From the documentation I understood that it is the underlying hardware's processor
(number of cores) count. But for the processorLoadAverage, I'm not yet clear on how this metric
is calculated by NiFi and what factors it considers in doing so. Can anyone please explain
me how this is measured and is it the average for just one core (one processor) or is it aggregation
on all available cores?