nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff <jtsw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting lost a bit
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2018 18:00:46 GMT
Brett,

You don't want to necessarily delete the other side and just keep the
section you've modified...  There may be changes that were made to that
code that you'll want to add to your own changes.  A simple example would
be that a new method call was added in the section that you've modified,
which caused the conflict.  Deleting that other side of the diff would
remove that method call, and undo someone else's work.  We need to be
careful when resolving conflicts to make sure the final commit is a proper
merging of the commits (yours and and any from the git repo) that were made
since the commit hash from which you were making your changes.

- Jeff