nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Joey Frazee <joey.fra...@icloud.com>
Subject Re: Enrichment plugin for adding attributes from SQL
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2018 17:01:22 GMT
Andy, Brett,

Taking a quick glance at the code it looks like it's enriching attributes from a database
according to a query.

If that's correct, there's a LookupAttribute processor that delegates lookups to a "LookupService"
and adds attributes without altering content. There are a variety of these LookupServices
included. I think what you implemented would make sense as a LookupService and then you could
just configure the processor to use that. It could also be used with LookupRecord then too
so there'd be a double payoff.

-joey

On Jan 4, 2018, 8:44 AM -0800, Andy LoPresto <alopresto@apache.org>, wrote:
> Hi Brett,
>
> It’s great that you found it easy to write a new processor for Apache NiFi. It is probably
an indicator that we need to improve education/evangelism/documentation, however, that you
did not find UpdateAttribute [1], which should do exactly what you were looking for.

> [1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/components/org.apache.nifi/nifi-update-attribute-nar/1.4.0/org.apache.nifi.processors.attributes.UpdateAttribute/index.html
>
> Andy LoPresto
> alopresto@apache.org
> alopresto.apache@gmail.com
> PGP Fingerprint: 70EC B3E5 98A6 5A3F D3C4  BACE 3C6E F65B 2F7D EF69
>
> > On Jan 4, 2018, at 7:03 AM, Brett Ryan <brett.ryan@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all, having used NiFi for a couple days I wanted to add some attributes to a
FlowFile while not altering the contents of that FlowFile.

> > I had suggestions to use a script processor but that just sounded like a hack which
could become a nuisance to replicate.