nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "Martini, Adam" <Adam.Mart...@nike.com>
Subject NiFi 1.5.0 HBase_1_1_2_ClientService performance bug
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2018 23:21:24 GMT
Hello NiFi Dev Community,

This commit hash (part of the NiFi 1.5.0 release) created serious performance issues for HBase
Put operations: "116c8463428c1fb51bfb7a8adfcf23c32fded964".

The override of the “toTransitUri” method makes a call to “connection.getAdmin().getClusterStatus().getMaster().getHostAndPort()”
upon every flow file transfer, which essentially doubles the traffic through the HBase connector.
 The performance of our PutHBaseJSON processor dropped to 1/3 after deploying NiFi 1.5.0.

Please let us know a timeline for a fix.  We are building and testing our own tar ball in
the interim to fix the issue and are happy to contribute our code back to the project if you
would like.

All the best and thank you.

Adam Martini
Senior Developer, Nike Digital