nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Sivaprasanna <sivaprasanna...@gmail.com>
Subject Question regarding InstanceClassLoader
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2018 17:30:27 GMT
With NiFi 1.1 onward, support to load resources to classpath dynamically is
supported. I read the articles related to this on:

   -
   https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDF3/HDF-3.0.3/bk_developer-guide/content/per-instance-classloading.html
   - https://bryanbende.com/development/2016/11/24/apache-nifi-class-loading

I understand we can make a property this way by setting
PropertyDescriptor.dynamicallyModifiesClasspath(true). I want to know how
this gets communicated with the framework and the framework handles this. I
dug more and found that ExtensionManager. createInstanceClassLoader() does
this job. Correct me, if I'm wrong. If that's the case, I want to know how
the internal call happens i.e. setting dynamicallyModifiesClassPath
triggers the instance class loader.